French Ludlam & Co Limited specialise in helping new businesses to get started. We know that taking the decision to start in business as a sole trader or setting up a limited company can be difficult and sometimes scary. That’s why we always start off with a free, no obligation initial consultation to understand what you want to achieve and give you the best advice we can on how to begin.
We have the answers to all these questions and more
- How do I tell the taxman what I’m doing?
- What about VAT, do I need to register?
- What records do I need to keep?
- Do I need a separate bank account and which bank is best?
- Numbers are not my thing. Can you help me set up an accounting system?
- Do I need a computer and if so which software should I use?
- The bank have requested a business plan, cash flow forecasts and budgets, can you help?
- Should I trade in my own name or as a limited company?
- Is the company name I want to use available, if so how do I register?
- Does it matter which accounting year end date I choose?
- What expenses can I claim?
- How do I register for PAYE/CIS if I need to take on employees or sub contractors?
The sooner you find out the answers, the less intimidating it will all seem. We will provide whatever help you need, so you can concentrate on making your new venture a success.