Services for Doctors
French Ludlam & Co Limited has for many years provided specialist accountancy and taxation services for the medical profession. We have a dedicated team who specialise in Doctors and we act for practices of varying sizes and also locum doctors and consultants. We are members of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants (AISMA), which is a network of accountancy firms providing expert advice to medical practices, sessional GPs and hospital doctors. As a result we are attuned to the constant changes faced by the medical profession and are able to provide information and advice on the impact of government legislation and policy decisions made locally by primary care and acute trusts.
We offer a truly comprehensive service, and aim to produce final accounts within four months of the practice year end (to include partners’ expenses and private fees). Immediately on completion of the accounts, we are in a position to provide informed estimates of future tax and superannuation liabilities.
We have considerable experience in issues specific to doctors including
- Superannuation – annual certificates of pensionable pay
- Capital accounts – detailed analysis and advice on how to ensure each partners share of working capital is proportionate to their profit share
- Surgery premises – funding a new build, buying an existing property, transferring ownership following partnership changes.
- Annual allowance calculations
- Projected pension payments and lump sum payments at retirement.
- Early retirement calculations
- Comparison of results with local and national performance figures.
Our specialist team is always on hand to give bookkeeping advice (including Sage and IRIS GP accounts software) and we have bureau for all your payroll requirements (long or short term).